THE FAST VIEW
- Personalised therapies offer better outcomes for patients and a potential revolution in health care.
- We expect immunotherapy and gene therapy to facilitate these therapies.
- Artificial intelligence and new drug development techniques create the potential for both incumbents and new entrants to take market share.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has spurred many of these trends: expediting vaccine research; encouraging remote monitoring of trials; and increasing the use of telemedicine.
- Health care remains highly competitive, with many existing therapeutic areas becoming more crowded.
- We believe innovative companies that have a diverse product mix and participate in new areas of development are better placed to succeed.
- These trends emphasise the importance of taking a global approach to identifying winners and losers.